Our sugar consumption has been a little higher than normal over here. My body is blantently craving veggies. I can’t deny it. It needs some more real food asap! This detox bowl that is packed with veggies is a spin on my Veggie Cornucopia. Both are equal delicious and filled with nutrients that your body needs. Pick up some of your favorite veggies and get the oven ready. Your body will thank you! 🙂
- 2 large beets (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces) (Chop beet greens and stems into 1 inch pieces and set aside)
- 2 Yukon potatoes (cleaned and cubed into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 kale leaves (stems removed and torn into small pieces)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red onion (cut)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup pine nut hummus
- my homemade guacamole
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- EVOO to drizzle
- *I took a picture of the snap peas before making this for dinner and forgot to add them. You can completely switch up the recipe with what veggies you like best! 🙂
What to do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly drizzle EVOO onto two large baking sheets. Place all beets, potatoes, broccoli, and onion onto the baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Stir occasionally and check often between 45 and 60 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice as directed. Set aside.
In a large pan drizzle EVOO lightly on medium heat. Add beet greens and kale. Cook for about 20 minutes or until wilted and crispy. Stir often and make sure they don’t burn.
To build the bowl: You want the same ratio of rice and veggies. Spoon rice onto the bottom of your bowl. Add veggies from the oven. Add greens from pan. Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with a dollop of guacamole and hummus. Eat your heart out! 🙂