One of my favorite drinks is hot chocolate. It’s simple, delicious, and can be finished with a variety of toppings. As I was Christmas shopping, I stumbled upon these spoons and realized they would be the perfect pair to any hot drink, for any time of year. Give me the people I love, a warm blanket, and a mug filled to the brim with hot chocolate, lots of whipped cream and crushed peppermint and I’ve officially reached my happy place. Go pour yourself and your loved ones some hot chocolate and use a cute spoon to stir it up!
Whipped cream, mini marshmallows, and/or crushed peppermint for topping (optional)
What to do:
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir well. Store in a sealed container.
For making one cup of hot chocolate: Heat milk. Add four spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix or desired amount. Top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, and/or crushed peppermint. Snuggle and sip on this goodness!
Ladies…It’s time to talk jewelry! In my mind, simplicity is key. I love pieces that are simple, yet original. Last year, Eric commented on a gold bar necklace that I bought. He loved it. Little did he know, I picked it up at a random store at the mall for next to nothing. Well, after a few short months, it got tarnished and I wanted something with some more sentiment, knowing how much he loved the style. Fast forward to Christmas and I decided to treat myself (and I suppose him 😉 ) by purchasing a quality necklace and ring. I ordered the gold bar necklace from Jessica N Designs with our wedding date engraved and a stackable ring, which is riding solo (for now), because they had meaning behind them…meaningful dates, and initials of a person that I hold close to my heart and always will. Whether it’s a ring or necklace, these are perfect reminders of those special moments and people who matter the most in your life. This is such a sweet gift for anyone on any occasion. You can’t go wrong here. I promise!
How is it already the end of January?! I normally don’t make goals or New Year’s resolutions for the entire year. However, I love making goals for each month. My goals can be something as generic as, “Get more sleep,” to something as specific as, “Pray for Matt, Jamie, and the baby on the way.” A new year is fun, but a fresh set of goals each month keeps me focused and motivated.
Although I don’t make goals for the entire year, there are a lot of things happening in 2016 that I am so excited about!
1. One of my sweetest friends is getting married this summer. I am so excited for her and her fiancé and cannot wait to be a part of it!
2. Eric and I are booking a trip to Italy and Germany. We have talked about this for a long time and are so excited to start planning the trip! Any and all tips are welcome!
3. This year I went from teaching all subjects to just math and I have absolutely LOVE it! In June, I will end my second full year of teaching and start my third year. It is crazy how much the time has flown by!
4. In September, one of my closest friends (who shares my love of Shauna Niequist) and I are going to the Belong Tour. I’m sure it will be a weekend to remember.
5. In July, Eric and I will celebrate our one year anniversary. We have some fun little getaways planned that I cannot wait for!
6. Last but not least, this space. I love the connections I have made through blogging. I love the comments, the input, and the recommendations that everyone shares. I love this space and I am so excited to connect with more people!
The winner of the $100 Target or Williams-Sonoma gift card is…
Congratulations Maureen! You have 48 hours to e-mail me back and claim your prize! Thank you to everyone who entered! Be sure to check back because there are some amazing giveaways in store in the near future! Have a wonderful Saturday! 🙂