To be honest, I’m not into New Year’s resolutions. Making a goal for the entire year is a little overwhelming to me since I’m not even sure what next month holds. Goals or no goals…I’m hoping I’m not the only one that probably ate a little more than normal over the holidays and could use a break from heavy foods.
This smoothie is packed with so many nutrients and makes you feel healthier with every sip! It’s such a simple recipe that I make it about three times a week. It jumpstarts your morning, gives you a kick in the afternoon or levels you out in the evening. New year, new you! Drink up, ladies! With this green smoothie, that is. 😉 Happy New year! xo
- 1 cup milk ( I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 ice cubes (I use 4 if the banana wasn’t frozen)
- 1 large spoonful of peanut butter
- 1 large handful of organic kale
- 1 small handful of spinach
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- *Sometimes I add 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed or 1 tablespoon chia seed. They are both SO good for you and can’t be tasted in the smoothie. This is optional.*
What to do:
Combine all ingredients into a blender (or the best invention ever…the Vitamix). Blend until it is completely smooth.